Sunday, June 5, 2011

LOVE.

Love is a vague word. I love my dog. I love my mom. I love ice cream. How can one word be used in so many ways? When I think of one thing I could not live without, it's not my car or my dog, it's love. Love is insanely powerful. But unfortunately, we are not very lovable people sometimes. We are all a society full of liars, cheaters, adulterers, and thieves. Yet Jesus looks deep into our sinful hearts and, without a hint of judgement, offers us compassion and help in our times of need. Thanks to the love and compassion I have been offered through Jesus Christ, I have decided to live and to love with that same nonjudgmental compassion. Today I choose to love, unconditionally, all walks of life---homeless, addicted, sick, and needy. Thank you Jesus for loving me and giving me a compassionate heart to love and help your people.

"Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." (Proverbs 31:9)

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kasha! What a wonderful, perfect, fabulous, terrific, absolutely and completely satisfying way to live. And, a great reminder to me! :) Hugs and love!!

    ReplyDelete